Thursday, September 30, 2010

Waiting

September 30, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Arrives near Bethany, 2 days later; John 11:17-18

John 11:17-18 (New English Translation)
17 When Jesus arrived, he found that Lazarus had been in the tomb four days already.
18 (Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem,

Waiting is hard.  As I noted the other day, I have had a diagnosis of a high percentage of Prostate Cancer.  While I believe that God can heal me, I do not take the chance of it lightly and have been to the hospital to check things up by doing an ultrasound.  I can picture Martha and Mary waiting for Jesus to come. They knew He could have healed there brother if Jesus had been there. But they had to wait for Him to come.

What makes it worse is that He was only 2 miles away.  It was not that long a trip.  Even on rough terrain I am sure that two miles could be covered in a day.

I am sure that the doctors could have looked at that report and told me better what was going on, but they have to wait to get it all correct.  Jesus had to wait for the right time to show His miracle by raising Lazarus.  

Waiting is hard, but scripture does say they that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength.  



Read for next time: Martha meets Jesus; John 11:19-29  
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list