Friday, October 1, 2010

Do you believe?

October 1, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Martha meets Jesus; John 11:19-29

John 11:25-26 (English Standard Version)
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

That is the question we all must face, do you believe this?  No matter what happens to me in the next few days, I know that I will not die.  My body could die, but the person that is me will go on and live forever.  

Such a hard concept to understand.  I can see the beginning of life.  I can see when a physical body dies.  Since I can see when life comes to that body is it not reasonable that when the body does die that that is the end of life.

Jesus asks the simple question, do you believe, and I in child like faith must say that I do even though every thing in me is crying out that it does not make sense.  

Read for next time:  Mary comes to Jesus; John 11:30-37
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list