Monday, September 27, 2010

Giving Jesus the glory

September 27, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Lazarus of Bethany reported sick; John 11:1-6

John 11:4 (New Heart English Bible)
4 But when Jesus heard it, he said, "This sickness is not to death, but for the glory of God, that God's Son may be glorified by it."

This one is timely for me.  This week I will go into the out-patient clinic at a hospital to get an ultra-sound done.  I got a negative report that I have a high chance of prostate cancer based on blood tests.  Wheels turn slowly with the medical insurance people so it has taken a week and a half to get this far.  What will the report show?  I do not know.  But I must have faith that no matter what the results, that if I have the sickness, that God’s son may be glorified in it.  

That is not always easy.  I want the report to be clean, no sickness at all.  But can I, if the report is not clean, stand up and let Jesus be glorified in it?  And how do I do that? Do I pray and believe for total healing so that it can be shown that God still heals?  Do I live my life as an example to others and not murmur and complain about what has happened to me?  So many questions.  

Read for next time:   Jesus delays for 2 days; John 11:6
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list