Thursday, September 9, 2010

Going Home

September 9, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jesus Goes to Aenon Near Salim; John 10:40-42

John 10:40(ESV)
40  He went away again across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing at first, and there he remained.

I have heard it preached from a number of pulpits.  If your ministry is not where it should be' go back to the last thing God told you to do.  But what if you are not in ministry?

My personal journey of late has been dry so this spoke to me.  Jesus returned to where he started.  He knew what was coming and did not feel real good about it.   Would you if you knew you were to die?  He had to get back to where it all started.  I will need to do the same. Not go back to where I first accepted Jesus but to the mental state that I was in.  That childlike faith that knew that God could cleanse me thought the blood of Jesus.

It is time to go back.
Read for next time: Jesus Travels Toward Jerusalem; Luke 13:22

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list