Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two Masters

September 23, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Parable of the Unrighteous Steward; Luke 16:1-13

Luke 16:13 (GOD'S WORD to the Nations)
13 "A servant cannot serve two masters. He will hate the first master and love the second, or he will be devoted to the first and despise the second. You cannot serve God and wealth."

I, in my life, cannot want two different things that are opposites.  If I say I love my wife, I cannot want to have an emotional or physical relationship with another woman. It is just not that way.  If I want to be able to understand God’s word clearly I can not put things like drugs or alcohol in to it.  If I want to show God’s love to others I cannot let my anger come out in inappropriate ways.

When I have a desire for something I have to take the time to see if it is leading me to my wants as well as the world, or if it points to that heavenly place I long for.

Read for next time: Pharisees scoff.  Teaching on divorce; Luke 16:14-18
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list