Saturday, September 25, 2010

Back from the dead

September 25, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  The rich man and Lazarus; Luke 16:19-31

Luke 16:29-31 (New Heart English Bible)
29 "But Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the Prophets. Let them listen to them.'
30 "He said, 'No, father Abraham, but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if one rises from the dead.'"

In my life I am going to find there are people who will reject salvation.  That does not mean that I do not pray for them. I have prayed for people to be saved for years and found out that they accepted Jesus.  It is just that some people are not going to have faith.  And salvation takes faith.  Someone coming back from the dead will not even convert them.  They might think it is a trick.

God wants all to be saved.  Some will not. I have to learn to accept that. It hurts because I know that people that are close to me will wind up being in hell for eternity.  I have to keep telling myself that, like the rich man and his brothers here, it is their choice to ignore what has been presented to them as the Gospel.  They have a choice and I can not be their conscious.


Read for next time:   Jesus instructs disciples; Luke 17:1-10
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list