Saturday, September 4, 2010

Reproduction

September 3, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Parable of the Mustard Seed and Leaven  Luke 13:18 - 21

Luke 13:18 - 19 Message
18 Then he said, “How can I picture God’s kingdom for you? What kind of story can I use?19 It’s like a pine nut that a man plants in his front yard. It grows into a huge pine tree with thick branches, and eagles build nests in it.”

I am glad that the Message Bible translated this the way that they did.  Mustard Tree plants like in the King James Bible do not paint a picture to me living in the USA.  On the other hand, I have lived in the NE area of the US and I have seen really tall pine trees.  I have also seen the seed that they start of from.  Something that I could hold in my hand.

The Kingdom is like a thing so small. And it grows and grows and grows.  How does it grow so big?  Like the tree, seeds need to be made.  Where do we get the seeds?  We get them when the tree reproduces.  We also need to reproduce. I do not mean just to have children in the natural way.  We need to help someone know Jesus and then teach them what we know about God.

Read for next time: Feast of Dedication in the Temple; John 10:22-23

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list