Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I went to Him

September 22, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Lost Sheep, Coin, and Son; Luke 15:3-32

Luke 15:17-18 (International Standard Version)
17 “Then he came to his senses and said, ‘How many of my father's hired men have more food than they can eat, and here I am starving to death!
18 I will get up, go to my father, and say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and you.

We all have things in our lives that need to be given to God. I have done it with a lot of things in my life but for this example I will use anger.  I used anger to get what I wanted, and I could justify it because I had needs not being met.  Substitute your vice of choice and you can say the same thing. It was only after wrecking all around me that I came to my senses.  As a child of God, this is not how I should be acting.  So I came to me senses and asked God to help me.  And you know what happened.

Luke 15:20 (International Standard Version)
20 “So he got up and went to his father. While he was still far away, his father saw him and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, threw his arms around him, and kissed him affectionately.

God met me where I was at.  He did not try to change me, He let me find my way back to Him, and then He came running to help me back to Him.

It is only when we can see our brokenness that we can truly see that we need help from God.

Read for next time: Parable of the Unrighteous Steward; Luke 16:1-13
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list