Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Maure Happens

September 1, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Parable of the Fig Tree; Luke 13:6-9

Luke 13:7-8 (Green's Modern King James Version)
7 And he said to the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig-tree, and find none. Cut it down, why does it encumber the ground?
8 And answering, he said to him, Lord, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and throw manure.

Do you realize what this says.  There is going to be a little manure in your life.  It is not what God wants, He wants you to be fruitful and multiply.  But there are times when manure (and you can substitute any other word you need to here) happens.  When it does, I have to step back and realize that it has to happen in order for me to be able to produce fruit.

This is a hard concept, not one that I welcome easily.  But if I do not learn to walk through my problems I will keep coming back to them. Trying to escape them will never work. Only facing them head on.  



Read for next time: Woman Healed on the Sabbath; Luke 13:10-13

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list