Thursday, September 16, 2010

How high should you go?

September 16, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Parable of the Guests; Luke 14:7-11

Luke 14:8-9 (English Standard Version)
8 “When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him,
9 and he who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Give your place to this person,’ and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place.

I should never try to make ourselves higher than what I am.  While false humility is not good either, it is important not to put myself higher that what I should be.  By putting myself as the most important person in any situation, from personal relationships to work situations, I set myself up for a fall.  Falls can bring depression and embarrassment.  God wants what is best for me and I need to live up to what He wants and let Him advance me.

Read for next time: Parable to the Host of the Feast; Luke 14:12-14
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list