Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Going to church

September 7, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Feast of Dedication in the Temple; John 10:22-23

John 10:22 - 23 (NET Bible)
22 Then came the feast of the Dedication in Jerusalem.
23 It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple area in Solomon's Portico.

I sometimes wonder about going to Church. If my relationship is to be with Jesus, what do I need all the rest of it for.  Why do I have to deal with other people?  I am not a people person and it can sometimes be difficult.

But along with the scripture that tells us to not forsake the gathering together of the faithful, we have a continuous example of it in the life of Jesus.  Here, Jesus is near the temple and He does not even think about being with other Jewish believers.  

When I think about not being with other, about going to church, I need to look only to the example of Jesus and follow it.


Read for next time: Jews Confront Jesus; John: 24 - 39

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list