Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Am I better?

August 31, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Fate of Galileans Reported To Jesus; Luke 13:1-5

Luke 13:4-5 (GOD'S WORD to the Nations)
4 What about those 18 people who died when the tower at Siloam fell on them? Do you think that they were more sinful than other people living in Jerusalem?
5 No! I can guarantee that they weren't. But if you don't turn to God and change the way you think and act, then you, too, will all die."  

I sometimes wonder if I have put myself up higher than others.  I know I have done that in the past, it is something we all do.  It is a tight line to cross, claiming who we are in Christ, that Jesus was willing to die for us and God thought so much to ask Jesus to do it.  And on the other side of that line thinking I am so much better than others because I know Jesus and they do not.  

So to read this scripture today is important.  I am not better than others. Just like they can die, so can I.  The difference is that I see myself as a son of God and brother to His son Jesus.  We all will die, it is what the life is to be afterward that makes the difference. Our spirits will live on in eternal death or eternal light.  My job is not to show them where they are wrong, my job is to bring them to eternal light.  


Read for next time: Parable of the Fig Tree; Luke 13:6-9
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list