Sunday, September 9, 2007

Living for God?

September 9, 2007

Judges 16 (KJV)
8 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

We all seem to look at Sampson as a great man of God. He destroyed so many Philistines and freed God's people. Was he really that great? No. He was a skirt chaser, he was a glory seeker.

Our verse today shows what I am talking about. What so many people see as his greatest achievement was really his biggest most selfish act. Look at what he says.

Let me destroy them so that I can avenge them of my eyes. He wanted to destroy them not for the glory of God. He wanted to destroy them for his own selfish needs.

How much do the jobs that we do for God really glorify us? Think about it and take steps to fix it.