Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cold Snow

September 25, 2007

My mom tells the story about when she first married my dad and moved from New Orleans that gets 1/4 inch of snow in a decade to Boston. They went to visit my dad's relatives in the mountains of western Massachusetts. While there in November, she saw her first snow. It kept coming and coming and coming. It was knee deep and she was out on the back porch just in love with the way it looked and seeing the animals come out of the woods in his back yard to find food in the yard.

Now, 50 plus years later she has seen enough of it and could care less about seeing one more flake of it.

Hos 6:4 GW
(4) "What should I do with you, Ephraim? What should I do with you, Judah? Your love is like fog in the morning. It disappears as quickly as the morning dew.


Like Judah and Ephraim my moms love had gone cold. Judah and Ephraim however had lost their love for God.

How much are we like them and my mom. When we first became Christians, everything was fresh and white and we loved they way it looked and felt. Now it is so common that our love has melted away to a muddy slush. That displeases God. We need to rekindle that love.

How is your love for God today?