Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lessons from Job

September 18, 2007

Job 16:4-5 CEV
(4) If I were in your place, it would be easy to criticize or to give advice.
(5) But I would offer hope and comfort instead.

Job for all his problems has some very good advice to give.

Have you ever had a friend that has a problem? Maybe one that you had talked with him about before. You most likely want to say to them, 'look I told you how to fix it before, no don't bother me again till you do what I told you to do.'

That is not the way of Job. Job says, I could criticize, or tell you what to do, but what I will do is to tell you about the hope we can have if we do what God asks us to do. Then he would try to give comfort, maybe even help physically if that was necessary.

Maybe, just maybe, we need to learn to be more like Job.