Thursday, September 27, 2007

Is God A Racist

September 27, 2007

The news today, as I am writing this, is full of racism. I think it ironic that as I found was reading Galatians today, that this verse came up:

Gal 3:28 BBE
(28) There is no Jew or Greek, servant or free, male or female: because you are all one in Jesus Christ.

As you read this, unless you know me or have looked at my picture, you are not aware of what color I am. Except for the fact that I have mentioned my sex several times in the writings, and my name is Bob, you probably would not guess my sex I would assume. You can not even tell my age. And that is the way it should be. That is the way that God makes us. It is us that makes the distinction. It is also, often our parents teaching us of one class of citizens is not as good as we are.

If God does not see us as different, why do we put walls between us?