Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Being Weak

September 19, 2007

2Co 12:10 KJV
(10) .... for when I am weak, then am I strong.

In reading to my youngest children, this verse came up. Annie, my girl, looked up at me and said, 'Dad, I just do not get it.' A quick prayer to God gave me just how to answer it and I share it with you.

A little boy was given a task to do by his father. He did every thing he could to accomplish the task but was not having much luck. No matter what he tried he just did not have the strength to do what was required and told his father so.

You have not tried everything the dad told him.
Huh, what do you mean?
You have not tried everything!
I have to, you have been standing there watching me.
You have not tried everything.
What have I not tried?
You have not asked me to help.

The son had to admit he was weak, and when he did, then he could get the strength from his father.

We also in our lives, when we come up against problems in our lives that we can not handle ourselves, have to stop, say we are weak and ask God for help. Only in our weakness can we get the strength we need from God to do the task, or beat the problem.