Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Is your life worth it?

October 12, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jesus warns disciples about the future 17:22-37

Luke 17:33 (GOD'S WORD to the Nations)
33 Those who try to save their lives will lose them, and those who lose their lives will save them.

What a contrast this seems to be.  If I seek to save my life I will lose it.  But if I loos my life I will be saved.  But the second save in the verse points not to save but is the Greek word zoogoneo which means rescues.

The life we are rescuing here is our spiritual life.  I can never save my human life.  But in giving it to God, He can save it for me.  If I try to work out my salvation, it will never happen.  I can never be good enough.  Jesus died for me and that makes me special.  I am a person of value and I have to see myself, as a Christian, worthy of the value.

Read for next time:  Parable of the unjust judge; Luke 18:1-8
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list