Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Child faith

October 19, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jesus blesses little children; Matthew 19:13-15; Mark 10:13-16; Luke 18:15-17  

Luke 18:16-17 (English Majority Text Version)
16 But Jesus, summoning them, said, "Allow the little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
17 Assuredly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter into it."

It is so hard for an adult to have faith like a child.  I have so much at stake.  I have to work to pay for the house, car, the food the children need.  All the while they are leaning on me to keep them safe and nurture them as they grow.

When did I leave that faith my children have and come into the spotty faith that I have now? And why?  Could it be that my childhood did not have the type of faith that is being asked of me right now. That I am just doing what I have always done since I had a weak father image and have had to struggle to get what I need.

I need to see my Father God the way that I hope that my children see me.  It is not easy.  The struggles seem endless lately.  Yet, if anyone can pull me through them, He is the one that can do it.  

Read for next time: Rich young ruler; Matthew 19:16-26; Mark 10:17-27; Luke 18:18-27
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list