Friday, October 15, 2010

Unknown

October 15, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jesus goes to Judea by the Jordan; Matthew 19:1; Mark 10:1

Matthew 19:1 (English Standard Version)
1 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan.

At this point in time Jesus was leaving His hometown of Galilee and moving on.  In fact, He had to though or around Samaria to get where He was going. My guess is that He went through it just as He had done for the woman at the well.  It was a shorter trip.  It is the area beyond that is interesting to me here. Beyond the Jordan was the political area of another Roman leader, Herod Antipas.  

Jesus was forever reaching out to all that would come to Him.  He could not let a different political climate stop Him from doing what God has told Him to do.  While I do not feel God is leading me to do so, people I know and love dearly have been called to do so.  Though I have concern for them, it is not my place to stop them.  The unknown cries out for them to go to and help.  

Read for next time:  Multitudes follow Jesus; Matthew 19:2
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list