Saturday, October 30, 2010

Servants

October 30, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Relationship of disciples to each other; Matthew 20:25-28; Mark 10:42-45

Matthew 20:26 (1949/1964 Bible in Basic English)
26 Let it not be so among you: but if anyone has a desire to become great among you, let him be your servant;

So easy to say and so hard to do.  When I try to become a servant to others my flesh wants to get in the way.  I feel like if all were servants then this would not be hard. But when I act as a servant to others, not everyone acts the same to me.  So my flesh says that they are taking advantage of you.  My flesh says this is stupid, you can not let them to continue to run over you like that.  

Jesus did not make this a suggestion. If I want to be great, I must be a servant, even when I do not want to.  It is my choice.  I can either be great in God’s eyes, or be great in my own.


Read for next time: Blind men healed near Jericho; Matthew 20:29-34; Mark 10:46-52; Luke 18:35-43
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list