Sunday, October 3, 2010

Being Moved

October 3, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jesus comes to the tomb; John 11:38

John 11:38 (New English Translation)
38 Jesus, intensely moved again, came to the tomb. (Now it was a cave, and a stone was placed across it.)

I like the NET Bible.  While many others use words that do not make some sense to me, it cuts to the heart of things without making things to wordy like the Amplified does. I may not understand ‘groaning’ like most others translate it, but ‘intensely moved’ I understand.

I have not had that feeling much.  I remember having it for a few people that I know God has wanted me to pray for, but it has been years since I have felt that.  Of course, the experiences of life has worn me down a bit.  Or maybe I was a bit closer to God then and did not let all of the understanding of His Word get in the way.

Maybe I need to take time to rebuild that feeling of not just praying some words but getting into it so deep that it takes on the intensity that Jesus had. After all, He raised the dead.  What might I be able to do?


Read for next time:  Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead; John 11:39-44
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list