Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stop praying?

October 13, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Parable of the unjust judge; Luke 18:1-8

Luke 18:1 (New Heart English Bible)
1 He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up,

I hate it when God puts a verse in the Bible that I have not noticed and am not keeping.  I personally have been praying for a few people to have a change of heart.  I know, I should pray that God should change me not them, but in this case, He has and I do not see the corresponding action on the other person’s part.  So I tend to give up.  It is too hard to keep praying and I begin to feel like it is a hopeless situation.  I do not want to keep banging my head against a brick wall so to speak.  

But God does not want me to do that.  He wants me to keep praying and not give up.  His desire is that this person sees Jesus in me, even though when they look at me they see anything but Jesus.  And I am to stay at it even if they give up.  

Not something that I want to do, but it is what God requires.  Time for me to get on God’s plan and not mine.  

Read for next time:  Parable of the Pharisee and tax collector; Luke 18:9-14
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list