Saturday, October 16, 2010

Following Jesus

October 16, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Multitudes follow Jesus; Matthew 19:2

Matthew 19:2 (English Standard Version)
2 And large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

Where ever Jesus goes, I need to learn to follow.  I need healing in my life.  Not from a physical sickness, though I have medical problems and that is included, but from a mental point of view as well.  Jesus is the one that can take care of the hurts that others may put on me.  When all around me seem to be unlovable, He is the one that will see me through.  

I find it interesting that the word here for healed can also be translated as ‘waited upon’  as well.  Jesus is waiting on me in His servant role, waiting for me to pull on Him for my problems in life.  With all the power of the universe right there, I need to turn to Him more that I do in my time of needs.


Read for next time:  Pharisees question Jesus about divorce; Matthew 19:3-9; Mark 10:2-9
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list