Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Pharisees ask about the Kingdom; Luke 17:20-21

Luke 17:20-21 (World English Bible)
20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the Kingdom of God would come, he answered them, "“The Kingdom of God doesn’t come with observation;
21 neither will they say, ‘Look, here!’ or, ‘Look, there!’ for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you.”"

How often do I in my own life, look for a sign from God so that I know that I am doing the right thing.  I want to know that God accepts me.  It goes back to my childhood and a bad father image.  I was always wanting to gain his acceptance even though it was not something that I could get from him.

So often I do the same, looking for God to give me a sign.  But knowing God is enough.  I only have to have faith that I know Him and there fore, the kingdom is within me, not something that God can bestow upon me when I am good enough person for Him to bestow it on me.


Read for next time:  Jesus warns disciples about the future 17:22-37
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list