Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Who did it?

October 6, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Unbelievers report to Pharisees; John 11:45-46

John 11:45-46 (English Standard Version)
45 Many of the Jews therefore, who had come with Mary and had seen what he did, believed in him,
46 but some of them went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done.

Jesus causes a reaction in most every person that encounters Him. The trick is for me to separate how they react from me being the messenger.  If they believe I can get puffed up that I am the one that did it.  If they do not, then I will think that they are upset with me and what I am doing to bring them to Jesus.  In either case it is I who thinks that I am responsible.  

The Holy Spirit is the one who brings people to Jesus. Anyone who comes to Jesus is through Him, not anything that I would do.  


Read for next time:  Conspiracy to kill Jesus; John 11:47-53
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list