Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rewards

October 21, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Disciples reward; Matthew 19:27-30; Mark 10:28-31; Luke 18:28-30

Matthew 19:29 (English Standard Version)
29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.

In those days, people had to leave there homes to literally follow Jesus.  I do not have to do that today.  I do have to have the willingness to be able to do what He asks me to do when He asks me to.  That can some times be difficult.  Family and jobs can get in the way of doing what He asks me to do.  

I must remember what I loose by following Jesus will be gained back in the rewards I receive being with Jesus for eternity.

Read for next time: First shall be last discourse; Matthew 20:1-16
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list