Friday, October 24, 2008

Who sinned?

October 24, 2008


John 9:1-5 (GodsWord)
1 As Jesus walked along, he saw a man who had been born blind.
2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, why was this man born blind? Did he or his parents sin?"
3 Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned. Instead, he was born blind so that God could show what he can do for him.
4 We must do what the one who sent me wants us to do while it is day. The night when no one can do anything is coming.
5 As long as I'm in the world, I'm light for the world."

I have seen people use this verse to back up what they believe. That being that evil things can come from God. The people asked who sinned so that this man was born blind. Jesus replies that neither did but it happened so that God could heal him. We have made to say that God put it on the man. A few days ago we read that Jesus said a house divided can not stand. If this is so, isn't God and/or Jesus dividing a house. How can the Father and the Son be working to inflict the blindness and then to remove it.

There are any numbers of reasons why this blindness happened. I do not know the man, his family, or the history of either. I do know that Jesus later says to the people:

John 10:10(GodsWord)
10 A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came so that my sheep will have life and so that they will have everything they need.


Satan is the thief. He would be the one who took the sight of the man. Why Satan could do it is debatable, but he is the one who did it. Why? Because the Jesus I know came to give me what I need. He does not necessarily give us what we want, but what we need. If there is problems in your life it may be time to see what is going on with your relationship with Satan. Then get rid of it and move on to the relationship with God.

Not all problems come as a result of sin, but a whole lot of them do.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Tomorrow
Luke 10:1-11:54, John 10:22-42

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list



GOD'S WORD ® is a copyrighted work of God's Word to the Nations.
Quotations are used by permission.