Thursday, October 23, 2008

70 X 7

October 22, 2008

As I said the other day, Jesus' teachings are hard.

Matthew 18:21-22 GNB
(21) Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, if my brother keeps on sinning against me, how many times do I have to forgive him? Seven times?"
(22) "No, not seven times," answered Jesus, "but seventy times seven,


I so often have a hard time forgiving people who have done me wrong just one time. So what does it mean to forgive them anyway? The Greek, according toStrong's, means to send. This is not just to say that I accept your apology and then have anger towards you. It means, when we forgive someone, we send that hurt away from us.

This is not an easy thing to do. When we hurt, we want to sit in our pain and make the other person hurt. But if we can not send their sin to us away, can God send our sin to Him away?


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Matthew 18:1-35
Tomorrow
John 7:1-8:59
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list