Sunday, October 19, 2008

From Parable to real life

October 18, 2008

The other day we looked at the parable that Jesus told about the sower and the seeds. Jesus made a point of telling us that there were many different types of grounds that the seeds could fall on. Today we see living proof of these types of ground.

John 6 (KJV)
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Jesus taught them some very hard things. When He did many people thought the teachings were too hard. They were like the seeds that had no roots, or like the ones that grew among the weeds. Jesus' disciples however, stayed with Him.

How much of a root system do you have. At the first sign of a tough teaching do you have to run away. That is a shame. You know how I know? I was like that once. I ran from God when I should have stayed put. God forgave me and He allowed me to come back when I asked to return. That time away was one of the most depressing times of my life. If you are there, turn back now. If you are still walking with Him do not let tough teaching get you down. Stick with it, God can help you.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
John 6:1-71
Tomorrow
Matthew 15:1-39, Mark 7:1-37
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list