Monday, October 13, 2008

Unequally Yoked.

October 12, 2008
Matthew 11 (KJV)

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

I have heard when I sometimes try to tell people about Jesus that following Him and being a Christian is much too hard. This is something I try to explain is just stinking thinking on their part but they often choose not to listen. I will not tell you life has been great and no problems, it has been the opposite. When I run into these problems though, I can turn to someone who has been through it all.

Jesus tells us to take His yoke upon ourselves. We who live in an industrial age might not realize what a yoke was for. While it is true that it was an implement of labor, and one could think being a Christian is a lot of work, they would miss the point. A yoke was used to balance a load between two animals. If one beast tried to take too much of the load, the yoke would keep the load even between the two. Jesus was saying that He has a light load and He wants to take my heavy burden on Himself

The King of the universe wants to take my burden. And people want to tell me following Jesus is hard.


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Matthew 11:1-30
Tomorrow
Matthew 12:22-50, Luke 11:1-54
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list