Thursday, October 9, 2008

A house divided

October 9, 2008

Sometimes the new translations hit the nail right on the head!


Mark 3:25 GNB
(25) If a family divides itself into groups which fight each other, that family will fall apart.


Jesus was talking about a kingdom first, but then if you look up the words in a concordance, you will find in this verse He talks about a family unit.

It is so true. In my first marriage I felt I was called to go into ministry. Though we both got saved after marriage, my wife resisted as she never envisioned herself a ministers wife when she married me in the first place. She basically told me where I could go and what I could do with myself. Though I prayed for the marriage it was quite clear we were a house divided. All it took was one chance meeting of some people one day and the whole house of cards fell apart.

Proverbs tells us that if two walk together they will not stumble. That is so true in a marriage. If you are not married take some time to make sure that your soon to be mate and you agree on the major things. If you are already married, take time to get with your mate to get on the same page in civil negotiations.



Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Matthew 12:1-21, Mark 3:1-35, Luke 6:1-49
Tomorrow
Matthew 5:1-7:29
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list