Monday, August 4, 2008

Who is with you?

August 3, 2008

On one of my many jobs I had a problem with some of my co-workers one day. They seemed to be doing things to aggravate me. I am twice the age of them at the minimum, but I do the same if not more work then they do. It was really getting under my skin one day because one person was bossing me around one day and she has no more authority in the position than I do. A few days later these verses came to mind and all has been better with me:

2 Chronicles 32:7-8 NET
(7) "Be strong and brave! Don't be afraid and don't panic because of the king of Assyria and this huge army that is with him! We have with us one who is stronger than those who are with him.
(8) He has with him mere human strength, but the LORD our God is with us to help us and fight our battles!" The army was encouraged by the words of King Hezekiah of Judah.

You see, Hezekiah knew where the real problem was. It was not the King of Assyria, it was what was behind him, Satan. And all the King of Assyria could use was natural human strength. On the other hand, he had God behind him. Even though there were many out there God was stronger than them all.

Oh and my situation, well let's just say bosses watch when people do not think that they do. I think that says enough.


Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today
2 Chronicles 32:1-33:25

Tomorrow
Nahum 1:1-3:19

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list