Friday, August 29, 2008

A new heart

August 29, 2008

Ezekiel 11:19-20 GW
(19) I will give them a single purpose and put a new spirit in them. I will remove their stubborn hearts and give them obedient hearts.
(20) Then they will live by my laws and obey my rules. They will be my people, and I will be their God.


When I was first saved, these verses cam real to me and I did not even know them. I was a strange young man who had a lot of anger problems. God took that angry heart from me and gave me one of peace. From time to time I took the anger back, but in the end it has been one of peace. The other part is what I am talking about though.

He put his laws in me, I knew what was right and wrong. I used to smoke a pipe and saw no real reason to stop when I got saved. Strange thing is, one day my wife asked me if I was going to smoke them or would she have to keep dusting them. It was then that I realized I had not smoked one in a month. I had no desire to smoke. Why? Because the need to smoke, the worry and anger, had been removed and filled with a desire to be good for God.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Ezekiel 9:1-12:28
Tomorrow
Ezekiel 13:1-15:8
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list