Saturday, August 9, 2008

What do you boast about?

August 9, 2008

Jeremiah 9:23-24 English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Thus says the Lord: Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, 24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.

We all need to know that the strength that we have is not in us. We can not boast is any thing in our lives. The other day I was praying with my children and I thanked God for giving my the ability to work. One of the kids asked me why did I thank God for that. My answer was that I could be sick or disabled and not be able to work at all. God has given me my health and it was not something that I had done for myself.

Think for yourself, what can you boast in your self. If you find something, maybe you have to look again at your relationship with God.

Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today
Jeremiah 7:1-9:26
Tomorrow
Jeremiah 10:1-13:27
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list