Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where does your help come from

August 18, 2008

Sometimes help can come to you that is from God but is not from a Christian.

Jeremiah 38:6-13 CEV
(6) Then they took me back to the courtyard of the palace guards and let me down with ropes into the well that belonged to Malchiah, the king's son. There was no water in the well, and I sank down in the mud.
(7) Ebedmelech from Ethiopia was an official at the palace, and he heard what they had done to me. So he went to speak with King Zedekiah, who was holding court at Benjamin Gate.
(8) (SEE 38:7)
(9) Ebedmelech said, "Your Majesty, Jeremiah is a prophet, and those men were wrong to throw him into a well. And when Jerusalem runs out of food, Jeremiah will starve to death down there."
(10) Zedekiah answered, "Take thirty of my soldiers and pull Jeremiah out before he dies."
(11) Ebedmelech and the soldiers went to the palace and got some rags from the room under the treasury. He used ropes to lower them into the well.
(12) Then he said, "Put these rags under your arms so the ropes won't hurt you." After I did,
(13) the men pulled me out. And from then on, I was kept in the courtyard of the palace guards.


When God sends a blessing to you, unless it is from an outright sin, it is best that you learn to accept it. It may just save your life.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Jeremiah 38:1-40:16
Tomorrow
2 Kings 24:1-25:30
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list