Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A fatherr's voice

August 11, 2008

Your words and actions can affect others, some you may not even know. This became quite clear to me about 6 months ago. My son, who lives with wife and grand-kids in Jakarta, Indonesia, e-mailed me. He said, 'dad, a funny thing happened the other day, I went to discipline Judah and when I opened my mouth, your words came out!' Now that I think about it, I hope they were good words.

God shows us this type of thin in His Word as well. Jeremiah had to tell the people that they were doomed, and when they asked why because there sins were not that bad, Jeremiah replied:

Jeremiah 15:4 GW
(4) I will make these people a horrifying sight to all the kingdoms on the earth. This will happen because of what Judah's King Manasseh, son of Hezekiah, did in Jerusalem.


Now Manasseh had been ruler of Judah several generations before. But what he had done to the land was introduce things that did not belong there. When you do things in your life, try to remember that it will affect generations to come. That includes the good with the bad things.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Jeremiah 14:1-17:27
Tomorrow
Jeremiah 18:1-22:30
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list