Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bitter or sweet?

August 27, 2008

Ezekiel 3:1-3 MKJV
(1) And He said to me, Son of man, eat what you find. Eat this roll, and go speak to the house of Israel.
(2) So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that roll.
(3) And He said to me, Son of man, cause your belly to eat, and fill your belly with this roll that I give you. Then I ate it; and in my mouth it was like honey for sweetness.


Many people find the Word of God to be disturbing. I do not. Like Ezekiel, when God puts His word in me I eat it up. There are times when I do not like what I eat, but it is for my good, just like in the natural. I do not like it when God reveals some hidden sin in my life when I read His word.

Ezekiel did not like the words that he was going to have to tell the captives in Babylon. God gave him the words and he gave them to the people. But when God put them in his mouth, they tasted sweet. Likewise, when I do not like something, I realize it is for my own good. I take the words and try to correct my life. In that way, they will become sweet in my life.

How about you? When you read God's Word, is it sweet, or is it bitter?

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Ezekiel 1:1-4:17
Tomorrow
Ezekiel 5:1-8:18
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list