Monday, August 4, 2008

I am a friend of God's

August 4, 2008

I know all of you reading this are more spiritual than I am so I guess I am just writing this for myself today. You know, there are a lot of days that I question things. I mean, nothing seems to go right, everything seems to go wrong, I spend time working by myself or when I am with others the feedback is just negative ll the time. It is at times like that I start to wonder if God exist. Is He something that I made up? Why am I really here if nothing seems to go right?

Nahum 1:7 BBE
(7) The Lord is good, a strong place in the day of trouble; and he has knowledge of those who take him for their safe cover.


In times like I have written about I take comfort in these words. Though it seems like no one could care about me, and that God seems to not exist, He still knows me, and I can run to Him for shelter when things seem to be going wrong. Like a good friend that someone can talk to, when I seem alone, He is there to hear me and talk with me.

Of course, none of you have that problem, right?

Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today
Nahum 1:1-3:19

Tomorrow
2 Kings 22:1-23:37

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list