Sunday, August 17, 2008

Where is your house?

August 16, 2008

Jeremiah 32:6-9 ESV
(6) Jeremiah said, "The word of the LORD came to me:
(7) Behold, Hanamel the son of Shallum your uncle will come to you and say, 'Buy my field that is at Anathoth, for the right of redemption by purchase is yours.'
(8) Then Hanamel my cousin came to me in the court of the guard, in accordance with the word of the LORD, and said to me, 'Buy my field that is at Anathoth in the land of Benjamin, for the right of possession and redemption is yours; buy it for yourself.' Then I knew that this was the word of the LORD.
(9) "And I bought the field at Anathoth from Hanamel my cousin, and weighed out the money to him, seventeen shekels of silver.


Why in the middle of all this garbage does God tell Jeremiah to by a piece of property. Doesn't God know there is death and destruction around?


Yes He does! Our future is not in the world though. We have a property purchased for us with the Blood of Jesus.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Jeremiah 32:1-34:22
Tomorrow
Jeremiah 35:1-37:21
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list