Thursday, August 14, 2008

What do you do with a false preacher?

August 13, 2008

I have always been amazed of two things. The first is the number of people who will try to con you and do it in Jesus name. I know that there is a special place prepared for them when they pass away. I can remember as a non-Christian teenager, a man named Reverend Ike that would come on our TV sets back on the east coast and basically yell at you to give money to him, mentioning his name and phone number more than he mentioned Jesus. It was clear He was after one thing, money. When I moved to Oklahoma there was a man who cam on our TV late at night, I think he Dr. Scott. He preached all sort of weird things, basically that most any sin you wanted to do was OK. He preached that along with questionable passages and interpretations from the Bible while smoking a big cigar. I hear he died a painful death of cancer. But rather than be warned about how bad things were, his daughter has picked up his mantle and is on TV as well. Clearly there are frauds, but not all preachers are.

The other thing that has amazed me is the ones that think it is there job to take these people out of the picture, along with any one who does not preach their brand of Christianity. I do not mind non-Christians doing it, they are looking for any excuse and this just gives them another one. No, it is the 'Christians' who want to clean out the population. An example of this is the recent requests from a US senator to several 'faith' preachers (don't all teachers preach faith?). If you look at the man asking the senator to look into them you will find the same man who brought down Robert Tilton years ago. His job in life is to take out these 'faith' preachers at all cost. Do not look into his closet though, you will find lots ofskeletons. While running a Christian commune he had several woman visit him in his bedroom. I think you get the picture.

The fact is, the second group really does not have to do anything to get rid of the first group.

Jeremiah 23:2-3 NET
(2) So the LORD God of Israel has this to say about the leaders who are ruling over his people: "You have caused my people to be dispersed and driven into exile. You have not taken care of them. So I will punish you for the evil that you have done. I, the LORD, affirm it!
(3) Then I myself will regather those of my people who are still alive from all the countries where I have driven them. I will bring them back to their homeland. They will greatly increase in number.

You see, if what they are preaching is false, God will hold them accountable. While we should not sit under false teaching, we should not try to take anyone else out. That is God's job. And do not worry about the one that you think were lost by the bad preaching. God will gather them back again.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Jeremiah 23:1-25:38
Tomorrow
Jeremiah 26:1-29:32
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list