Friday, August 22, 2008

Fear

August 22, 2008

God does not want you to be in terror.

Jeremiah 48:44 ESV
(44) He who flees from the terror shall fall into the pit, and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For I will bring these things upon Moab, the year of their punishment, declares the LORD.


Plain and simple, God is on your side. If you are fleeing in terror, you do not believe that He can help you. I ran away from a marriage because of that, I did not believe that God could fix it. And when I did I fell into the pit of sin. As I tried to climb out on my own power, I was caught again. Only in giving my life to Him could I get clear of the fear. Are there still problems, yes. Will I run again, no. I do not welcome the problems but I do not fear the problems either.

Take stock of your life. Are you in fear of something, you could be running away from God.



Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Jeremiah 46:1-48:47
Tomorrow
Jeremiah 49:1-50:46
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list