Thursday, August 7, 2008

Examples

August 7, 2008


One of the things I learned with my older children that I have been able to use with my younger children is that it is easier for you to understand something if I show them how to do it rather than tell them how to do it. For example, I can tell them to clean their room but actually getting in there with them a few times helps them learn the right way. Likewise, God has to do the same with us. In an effort to get the message across of what He is going to do, God tells Jeremiah in a few cases some pictures to help him understand.

Jeremiah 1:11 ESV
(11) And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Jeremiah, what do you see?" And I said, "I see an almond branch."

This, by the way, is a good example of how to do things with employees or co-workers also. I can learn so much more if you show me than if you tell me.


Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today
Jeremiah 1:1-3:25

Tomorrow
Jeremiah 4:1-6:30

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list