Wednesday, August 20, 2008

To Do Lists

August 20, 2008

I have found in my own life that I need to right down the things I need to do in a day. If I do not, then I tend to let things slide and not get them done. We call these lists a to-do list, and usually we put them in a priority order. A few years ago it was the only way that I could keep everything in order because I worked full time, taught part time and was a full time student. Putting things in a priority helped. In my current life I have to put a priority on the calls I have in my que and monitor what my co-worker has to make sure that he does not let important calls slide. All of this is important, and the most important of this is to write it down in some way or shape. Why? I am glad you asked.


Habakkuk 2:2(AMP)
2 And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by.

You see, God is a God of order and he wants us to be able to have a plan for our lives, not just His plan. We need to take the time to plan out our day so that we can see it and run with it. Yes problems not planned for will come up, but rather that letting the devil distract you with those things, you will have a list of things to do when you get back form the interruption. If you are ministry oriented, then it is also important that your vision for the ministry be written down so others can see it and do it.


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Habakkuk 1:1-3:19
Tomorrow
Jeremiah 41:1-45:5
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list