Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Deopression, it does not have to hurt...

August 25, 2008

Think of the worst day you ever had. I am sure there are some beautiful ones. Now think about the days since then. Did things get better? You bet they did. It is something that happens. As some one who suffers from a chemical imbalance that causes depression I am more aware of those cycles and have come to realize when I am down for a long period of time, it means I have not taken my medications. They do not take away the depression, just let the normal cycles continue. In that respect, I am keenly aware the cycle is there wile many may not.

Did you know that those cycles are talked about in the Bible? In fact God speeds them up and makes them daily.


Lamentations 3:22-24 NET
(22) (Khet)

The LORD's loyal kindness never ceases;
his compassions never end.
(23) They are fresh every morning;
your faithfulness is abundant!
(24) "My portion is the LORD," I have said to myself,
so I will put my hope in him.

God wants us to know that no matter how bad things may seem now, that there is a new day tomorrow. And if you put enough of those days together they will get you past what you may be in now.

It is hard to remember this when you are down. It might be a good idea to put it into you now.


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Lamentations 1:1-3:36
Tomorrow
Lamentations 3:37-5:22
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list