Thursday, September 11, 2008

When God finds you

September 10, 2008


In the last devotional I asked the question 'Can God find you?" Now I have the answer for what happens when he does find you.

Ezekiel 43:1-4 VW
(1) Afterward he brought me to the gate, the gate that faces toward the east.
(2) And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east. His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory.
(3) It was like the appearance of the vision which I saw; like the vision which I saw when I came to destroy the city. The visions were like the vision which I saw by the RiverChebar; and I fell on my face.
(4) And the glory of Jehovah came into the house by way of the gate which faces toward the east.


You may think that after running away from God that you are used goods and He can no longer use you. Nothing could be further from the truth. God wants you to be part of His body and he is willing to fill you as He did the temple that He was showing to Ezekiel. You do have some rules to follow:

Ezekiel 43:12 VW
(12) This is the law of the house: The entire region around the mountaintop is set apart, holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.


In order to use you again, you must turn away from what you have done wrong. Does that mean that I am no longer a follower of Christ if I sin again? Of course not. Our salvation is not in meeting the laws but in Jesus. It does indicate that we need to turn away from what we have done wrong if we want to be used by God in a powerful way.