Sunday, September 14, 2008

Telling the children

September 13, 2008

I tell my children a lot of things. My daughter Annie loves to hear me tell stories about her as well as other family members. I will often tell her silly things her two big brothers did. Ials o tell her about the things that God has done for me in my life, and the bad things that have happened as well. When she wanted to know what happened to my dad, her grandfather, I did not pull any punches. I told her about his drinking and how he killed himself in alcohol. It has struck a deep nerve in her and she has swore that like me, she would never drink. I have told her of the good things too. How God has healed me many times,.

Joel tells the exiles to do that as well in the first chapter of the book that bears his name.

Joel 1:3 NET
(3) Tell your children about it,
have your children tell their children,
and their children the following generation.


Children can be impressed upon. Teach them the proper ways to do things. Do not just show them, use your words as well.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Joel 1:1-3:21
Tomorrow
Daniel 1:1-3:30
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list