Monday, September 1, 2008

Sins of our fathers

September 1, 2008

Ezekiel 18:19 (God's Word)
"But you ask, 'Why isn't the son punished for his father's sin?' It is because the son has done what is fair and right. He obeyed my rules and followed them. He will certainly live.

I had a dad who was a sinner, plain and simple. I do not know if he made peace with his maker before he died, but I do know what his life was like. He drank to excess, so much so that he shot insulin for his diabetes to match what he was going to drink that night. He cheated on his wife. He just was not a good living guy.

I on the other hand know that I have asked Jesus in my life and work hard to provide for my family. I do not drink and am devoted to my marriage. What is the difference between him and me. I only know one thing. Some people see what there parents are and think that is normal, that is the way they have to live. Others see that is not normal. I guess I was in the latter group.

We do not have to be like our parents, we can change if we want to. Do you want to?

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Ezekiel 18:1-19:14
Tomorrow
Ezekiel 20:1-21:32
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list