Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sacrafice

September 2, 2008

Ezekiel 20:40-42 ESV
(40) "For on my holy mountain, the mountain height of Israel, declares the Lord GOD, there all the house of Israel, all of them, shall serve me in the land. There I will accept them, and there I will require your contributions and the choicest of your gifts, with all your sacred offerings.
(41) As a pleasing aroma I will accept you, when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you have been scattered. And I will manifest my holiness among you in the sight of the nations.
(42) And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I bring you into the land of Israel, the country that I swore to give to your fathers.


I am thankful now that we do not have to sacrifice to God the way that the Israelite people did. Can you imagine bringing a bull to your pastor so that you could be forgiven of your sins. There are two sacrifices He still receives from us though. We sacrifice ourselves to serve him. That is a pleasant thing to Him and the reward is knowing HIm so much better. The other sacrafice was done 2000 years ago. Jesus gave up his life for us as a sacrafice that you or I could never repay.

While many live in the second sacrafice, how many live in the first? Do you?


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Ezekiel 20:1-21:32
Tomorrow
Ezekiel 22:1-23:49
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list