Thursday, August 19, 2010

Building Nests

August 19, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: The Lamp of the Body Luke 11:33 - 36

Luke 11:34 (1770 John Worsley NT)
34 The eye is the candle of the body: therefore when thine eye is clear, thy whole body also is light; but when it is bad, thy body also is dark.

I need every day to watch what I put into my eyes.  As I sit here at my desk I watch a stream of things come through my computer. People want me to join them on Facebook, Twitter passes short nuggets of information from people I know and people I would like to meet.  RSS feeds bring me the news from around the world. I never have to leave my desk.

But not everyone is like me. An innocent link may be something I do not want to see. Or worse, a not so innocent one may try to tempt me to go to a site that will make me want to explore things I should not further.

There is an old saying, you cannot stop a bird from landing in your hair, but you can stop him from building a nest.  I cannot stop some of the stuff I see other than to shut off the computer, hard to do when you fix them.  I can however choose not to put stuff into my eyes.  When I do, I make sure the light gets in them, and my whole body is walking in the light.

Read for next time: Lunch with a Pharisee Luke 11:37
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list